Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun corner bookmarks

I saw this bookmark idea from a fellow crafter and thought it would be a fun gift for the mom's on Mother's Day. I also made book bags for each of them with the girls little handprints on them and then bought some iron on printer paper and put their pics on the other side. I also got to use my coveted Beadazzler (just kidding about the coveted part, but it works awesome on canvas).



This one I used glimmer mists and lace. I got a ton of lace from somewhere ready to throw it out and after glimmer misting it, thought it looked great. These pics don't do it justice as the glimmer doesn't show.


I embossed on the spellbinder, added my Maya Road chipboard, glimmer misted the whole thing including the bird and wing. Aren't those colors amazing with the mist. Then chalked the embossed paper for the overall look. Loved the final product for all 3.

I had to make my close friend Julia one for her birthday as she is an avid book reader and she told me that no one has ever made her anything. Unfortunately, this was all I was able to do due to remodeling and chaos in the house, but know she will love the thought.

This fits perfectly on a book. Better than my scraps that I usually throw in there.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Krissy, it was me, who showed the bookmarks on http://craftchaos4kidz.blogspot.com/2009/05/boekenlegger-bookmark.html and I am glad you liked them. You made them really beautiful. I love the one with the bird!
    Happy crafting from The netherlands,
    Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!!! Love this idea for teacher gifts. TFS
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Web Site Counters
Mrs Prindables Caramel Apple