Friday, September 4, 2009

Glimmer Mist Class

I taught this class to a group that takes turns teaching a monthly class. I loved putting this album together because I got to get very glimmer mist messy. I got the idea from Tricia Morris at TV Weekly, her "Circle of Life" design. I changed it up some, but it is a fun album to put together.  The entire album has glimmer mist, so you could make it basically any color you want. It was fun to see how each student changed their's to make it their own.



The inside consisted of 10 pages. I put pictures of my daughters in it, but used black and white photos. I then photoshopped the photos to leave just a tad of color to to add just a touch to the album.





I love these trees. I inked the background before stamping and added stickles. I loved the outcome.


There is a hidden photo on this one.


There she is.



I love how glimmer mist looks on lace. It really can make it look so dramatic. I alcohol inked the button and birds because they were gold and it didn't work well with the layout.


I stamped the background. Used clear emboss. Then I brayed over with ink and then some mist. It is a fun affect because the ink and mist won't stay on the embossed part. I just wiped that part off. I also glimmer misted the bird. Glimmer mist is great on chipboard, it absorbs the colors and really brings out the brightness.


I used my spellbinder to emboss the butterfly, then sprayed some glimmer mist on the mat and just ran the butterfly through it. It only got the top embossed part. I also masked this page along with the front and back covers.


I embossed the circles on my spellbinder and made a tree. 


I stamped the images with green ink, then colored in with copic markers (boy do I love these markers). Then, I went over the image again with versamark and clear embossed. Again, glimmer misted and wiped the image clean. 


Every page including the front, back and inside covers were made of plain white paper. The only decorative paper was on the inside and outside spine. Goes to show what fun glimmer mist can be!


2 comments:

  1. This circle of life rocks. The way you played with the mist and the stickles is fabulous. Great project.
    Shallale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider teaching me.
    Charlene Reeves
    charlenereeves2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Web Site Counters
Mrs Prindables Caramel Apple